We are still enjoying the flavors of pomegranate as we transition to the cooler temperatures. The Pama Old Fashioned has the warm flavors of fall and the bright orange citrus of winter. Kickoff the official start of fall with a Pama Old Fashioned. The recipe is well suited for a bourbon or rye 100 proof or higher (you pick your favorite). This is a great recipe to try as your watch the weekly Whiskey Wednesdays drawing at 8 p.m. eastern time on Wednesday nights.
- 1 1/2parts bourbon
- 1/2 part PAMA (pomegranate liqueur)
- 1/2 part simple syrup
- 3 dashes - angostura bitters
- 2 dashes - orange bitters
- Orange peel for garnish
- In shaker, combine all ingredients with crushed ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into bourbon glass over ice.
- Garnish with orange peel.
- Purchase your Whiskey Wednesday raffle tickets.
- Enjoy responsibly.