The cooler temperatures of fall call for something bold and different. The Toronto is a delicious, whiskey-forward drink with a bitter bite. The recipe invites a high proof rye (you pick your favorite). Depending on what camp you're in, you can see it as a riff on a Manhattan or as a modified Old Fashioned. Make your own and decide while you watch the weekly Whiskey Wednesdays drawing at 8 p.m. eastern time on Wednesday nights.
- 2 parts rye
- 1/4 part Fernet-Branca
- 1/4 part demerara syrup
- 2 dashes - angostura bitters
- Flamed Orange peel for garnish
- In mixer, combine all ingredients with ice and stir until well-chilled.
- Strain into chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with orange peel.
- Purchase your Whiskey Wednesday raffle tickets.
- Enjoy responsibly.