This summer, check out this refreshing bourbon-based cocktail with fresh blackberries, basil and lime. The recipe is well suited for a bourbon or rye 100 proof or higher (you pick your favorite). This is a great recipe to try as your watch the weekly Whiskey Wednesdays drawing at 8 p.m. eastern time on Wednesday nights.
- 2 parts bourbon
- 3/4 part honey (something locally sourced for sure)
- 1/2 part lemon juice
- 6 blackberries
- 2-3 basil leaves
- In shaker, muddle blackberries, lemon juice and honey.
- Add bourbon and basil to shaker with crushed ice and shake vigorously.
- Double strain into bourbon glass over ice.
- Garnish with blackberries and basil leaf.
- Purchase your Whiskey Wednesday raffle tickets.
- Enjoy responsibly.